Thursday, December 8, 2016

thlog5

Kole klimuk
12/8/16
thlog5

For this Thlog I decided that I was going to use "Genre"....  So you're probably wondering "what's Genre?" Well genre is actually any type form of writing textual genre can be found anywhere. Some people don't even realize that genre goes from a Facebook post to a PDF file. Genre is literally everywhere we go. Before I was introduced to eng101-108 I never even knew there was a different type of genre, besides movie genres and books genres. Eventually I started to build my thoughts more towards how genre was in the writing not the type of writing category. I was more focused on what the writer was writing about instead of how he was writing and what type of style he had.

When we were learning about genres I felt a little lost only because I didn't understand what we learning at first. After re-reading navigating genres I observed that the definition of genre has changed even more since Bitzer's article was written. Genres can hurt or help people interaction, we use genre to communicate or to degrade someone, people use small talk to avoid social discomfort. Genres are also viewed as rhetorical situations... Well what's a rhetorical situation? A rhetorical situation is when the writer is trying to persuade the audience. Where ever you go you will always find genre in all writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment